Breakfast For KPMG
Breakfast kick-starts your metabolism, helping you burn calories throughout the day. A healthy breakfast refuels your body and helps you function at your best. Research shows that eating a healthy breakfast improves attention, concentration, academic achievement and physical energy. Interested? Read on..
- Many studies have linked eating breakfast to good health, including better memory and concentration, lower levels of “bad” LDL cholesterol, and lower chances of getting diabetes, heart disease, and being overweight.
- After fasting overnight, your brain’s supply of glucose, its main source of energy, is depleted. A healthy breakfast will jumpstart your brain and power it throughout the morning, allowing you to think clearly and concentrate on mental tasks.
- If your body doesn’t get that fuel from food, you may feel zapped of energy and you’ll be more likely to overeat later in the day and snack on high-fat, high-sugar foods.
- Breakfast is a chance to get in some vitamins and nutrients from healthy foods.
- A healthy breakfast should provide complex carbohydrates, protein and a little fat, because this combination will hold off hunger for hours.
I hope I have convinced you to start the day with a healthy breakfast. Cereals are fortunately not the only option. Open your mind to alternatives, plan the night before if possible and enjoy mindful eating.