Chickpea Curry – Happy Pear
- ½ red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ a thumb-size piece of ginger
- ½ a red chilli
- 1 x 400g tin of chickpeas
- 1 tbsp curry powder 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400g tin of low-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- a handful of coriander
- zest of ½ a lime
- juice of ½ a lime
- Peel and chop the onion & garlic.
- Peel and grate the ginger.
- Thinly slice the chilli.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Put 3 tbsp of water to a hot pan, add the prepared onion, garlic, ginger and chilli.
- Cook for 2 minutes, until they get soft, stirring continuously.
- Mix all the spices in a small bowl/cup and add in. Cook for 30 secs, continuing to stir.
- Add in the drained chickpeas together with the chopped tomatoes, coconut milk, salt and pepper.
- Chop the coriander and add to the pan along with the lime zest.
- Add the lime juice, season to taste and serve with the grain of your choice.